Author Topic: Back to school  (Read 5119 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Back to school
« on: August 29, 2008, 20:11:12 »
The fall semester at college began on Monday and I'm glad that the first week is over. Well... it's not really, since I've still got homework to do, but it's time for a break. Once again I'm taking a full class load. I'm taking Ethics and Accounting online, a blended (part online/part in class) Speech class, and Visual Basic.Net Programming class at the local PHCC campus. It wasn't quite how I wanted to do things, but at least I've got the classes that I need so that I'm still on track to complete my degree by summer of next year.

Since I've been so busy with school, for myself and my kids, I haven't had much time lately for socializing. Chris (TylerChuit) is heading out to DragonCon this weekend and I hope we'll see a report of his experience there once he returns. Tomorrow I'll be helping out Dave (Cinemax) with moving. Hopefully we'll have some time to hang out and relax a bit too. Charles (Wyldwing) should be returning from training soon, if he hasn't already, and we're planning to get some short gaming sessions going on Monday evenings after my Ethics class.

One last thing... I've got some new t-shirt ideas that I'll be working on soon. I'm going to be announcing some ways that active members could get a free t-shirt too, so keep your eyes open. By the way, if you're reading this and you're not a member yet, get registered and get active - start posting.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

cinemax

• Gold Level
Re: Back to school
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 18:44:53 »
Thanks again SOOOOO.... much for helping yesterday. It was nice spending time with you, Beth and the kids. Despite all the work we had a great time with all of you. I really wish we lived closer so we could do stuff like that more often. Thanks again.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 23:33:49 »
Just got home from DragonCon an hour ago.  I have about four hours of video and alot of photos to go through, but I will try to at least have a review up with some pics in a day or so.  I will also try to edit the video into a few different pieces and post them on youtube.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:51:51 »
Welcome back. I hope you had a good trip. Looking forward to hearing more about DragonCon.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)