Author Topic: Iron Man  (Read 3109 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Iron Man
« on: May 07, 2008, 13:29:51 »
Iron Man was the first major release that I got a chance to see on opening weekend as far as I can ever remember.  I was quite surprised about the line just waiting to get into the theater, and I'm talking about after the tickets were purchased. My friends and I got to the theater about an hour ahead of time and probably still had 50 people in line before us.

Anyway, the movie was great. I can definitely understand why so many people would want to be there. With the expected suspension of disbelief for superhero stories, it seemed plausible. There were some great action scenes, suspense, romance, and even humor. A good mix of everything.

Update: MSNBC announces, "'Iron Man' was the 10th biggest opening of all time and the fourth biggest for a superhero movie. Among nonsequels, it came in behind only the first 'Spider-Man,' which premiered with $114.8 million." (Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24455078/)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 11:57:53 by dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)