Author Topic: Last Game Day of 2009  (Read 4215 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Last Game Day of 2009
« on: October 26, 2009, 18:27:25 »
We had one last hurrah of a game day on Sunday. I was hoping to get there a bit earlier than I had, but I guess it worked out after all since I avoided playing a game that I have little interest in and another that I don't know much about. Since I couldn't get to Clearwater in the morning I thought I was going to miss out on the big game, Arkham Horror, but by the time I arrived it was just getting set up.

Those in attendance were Wyldwing (our host), Mac, The Unnamable, TylerChuit, and me. Kami joined us in the evening for a couple games, and Wendy got into the final game of the night.

Purchase Arkham Horror from Funagain.com ($47.99)
Starting off with Arkham Horror, it was an exciting game. We had a few gate surges, and the Terror Level even got to the very top, but our team managed the creatures and gates pretty well. I believe that our best gate seal was on the Historical Society, because there were a few times that a new gate would have opened there if we hadn't sealed it.

We all managed to last the entire game without losing our characters or even our allies. I had Joe Diamond - Private Eye and in addition to the .45 Automatic that I started with, I picked up a Carbine Rifle with my random starting equipment. I also got an ability which gave me a +1 to Fight and reroll any 1s. That pretty much made me the monster slayer, but I couldn't do much against creatures that had Physical Immunity. Wyldwing eventually picked up a couple magic swords and an ability that gave him up to +6 on physical attacks, so he could really do some damage by the end too. Although the other guys weren't quite as heavy with the dice, everyone did their part by closing gates, blocking damage, and other stuff.

In the end we were able to seal 6 gates before the Elder creature was awakened, so it was a win for us... which only took about 6 hours to accomplish.

Once that game was over and Chris "The Unnamable" left, we decided to play Robo Rally. Kami joined us, so we had 5 players. We played the Whirlwind map, which has conveyor belts spiraling toward a pit in the center of the board and pushers surrounding that spiral. There were 3 flags for us to get to, and although I managed to get to Flag #1 before anyone else, Chris came up pretty quickly and overtook both Kami and me. Wyldwing and Mac both spent some time falling into the pit, while the rest of us battled to win the race. I managed to get the the second flag, but it was just barely before TylerChuit reached the 3rd flag.

We finished the night with a quick game of Liar's Dice. Wendy joined us for that final game. TylerChuit, Mac, and I were the first three out, leaving a "Battle of the Titans" (as Charles put it). Kami was knocked out next, and Charles was worn down his wife quickly after that. Win for Wendy!

It was an enjoyable day spent in Clearwater with friends, which I'm definitely glad I was able to get to. I hope that it won't be too long before we can all get together again, but with the way everything is going right now it will probably be several months before an event like that can happen again.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 23:38:40 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Last Game Day of 2009
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 19:51:49 »
As Wendy would say....Don't cry because it's over, be happy because it happened!!!

Gaming days, like Sunday, are some of my FAVORITE times!!! I cherish them very much!  I am sad that it will be some time before the next one...but I am thrilled to have that one!

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 12:49:22 »
Good times, with friends and family.

Who could ask for more?

Not me, thanks for inviting me over. I think I still owe someone for the pizza, though.   :-[

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 22:50:48 »
That's ok...catch me next time!