Author Topic: Welcome to Dragons Hobbies Forum  (Read 9244 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Welcome to Dragons Hobbies Forum
« on: March 28, 2008, 02:00:48 »
Welcome to the new forum for Dragons Hobbies. Please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

My name is Nathaniel, but I'm known here as "Dragon." I started playing around with this website back in 1999, but I called it Dragon Castle back then. It has always been a place where I could post stuff online about my favorite hobbies. I eventually wanted to make it something more community based, so the forum came and eventually I started learning PHP, so more development came to the site. Since the site has been up for so long, there are many sections of it that are extremely outdated, but, like most people, I do have responsibilities outside of the internet and since I'm going to college now, I don't have as much time to focus on the site as I used to. I still want to make it a great place for people to talk about their hobbies, so that is why we now have this shiny new forum! I hope you enjoy it.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Welcome to Dragons Hobbies Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 20:37:37 »
Wow!!  The Forum Reborn! :o

I love it.

I am Charles and I moved here from California in August of 2004.  I am a gamer and a CPA and a whiz at all things financial.

I enjoy gaming and I value it very highly.  When I'm gaming I don't like to be interrupted by kids, wifes, or anything else.  I can game for many days straight and have (with eating and sleeping breaks).

My next multi-day gaming event will be around Memorial day and should prove to be extremely fun as my core gaming group in California and my core gaming group in Florida will collide in ecstatic gameplay!

derelicte

• Silver Level
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 16:08:03 »
Hmm. Looks sterile. Kinda like a Doctor's office. Needs a little more dungeon in it.  ;D  But I'm sure you like the look, so it's cool.
A man's perception creates his own reality.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 00:36:54 »
Thanks for joining.

I do like the "sterile" look that this theme has, but I understand what you mean. I'll eventually get some more styles added with options for members to choose which one they want to use. The most popular one will eventually be the default for visitors too.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Ernie

• Gold Level
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 08:23:30 »
Good to see the forum reborn!

Hi, this is Ernie "Squee" Feliciano...I've lived in Florida for 17yrs+ and I guess I am not moving anytime soon.

I was caught into Dragon's insidious web some time ago and have yet to find a way to escape. While I have done a good job staying away, Dragon's Hobbies is a cruel mistress and even now I can feel the irresistable pull...to...GAME!!!
Click on this link and help hatch my Dragons!
http://dragcave.net/user/Y%27oshii%20Capone

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 10:42:33 »
Hey Ernie, I'm glad you made it. Hope to see you on here on a regular basis once again.

Update: Ernie (Squee) and derelicte, your post counts have been updated, adding in your post counts from the old forum.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 13:41:29 by dragon »

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 18:48:24 »
Hello,
I'm Mike 'Mac' McElroy ... I moved to Florida in 1989 from Chicago, where I was born and raised. Sox fan if anyone is keeping score.
I searched the internet looking for people to play Dungeons and Dragons with, doing so I came across a gaming group actually located in my town, Port Richey. I joined the forum and have actually played a few board games at the Dragon's Lair.
Glad I found the forum, even gladder to have been introduced to board games. It may not have been what I came here looking for, however, an open mind invites new experiences.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 02:29:06 »
I played AD&D (2nd Edition) for a few years, but got back into board games even more since then. I still enjoy reading about D&D, which is probably why I liked that Tigerfire was writing about his campaign, but I've gotten more enjoyment out of playing board games than RPGs in recent years. When we're ready for dungeon delving, there's always Descent anyway. ;) 

I'm glad that you were able to find gaming groups for both interests here. That's one reason that I built this site - so that gamers (and collectors) could find others with similar interests in our area.