Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls IV - The Game of the Year Addition!!  (Read 4318 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
The Elder Scrolls IV - The Game of the Year Addition!!
« on: October 16, 2009, 07:35:07 »
I JUST picked this up at GameStop.  It is supposedly one of the best RPGs ever made.  Plus, because it's the GOTY addition, it includes two of the expansions that people that bought the original game had to pay extra for.

Sixty for the original game, Thirty for each of the add-ons would add up to a 120 dollar value...all for $26 bucks!!! Woo Hoo!!  I also paid the $14 for their magazine/10% discount card...so I saved another 2 bucks!

The original game had a ranking, across the board, of over 92%

http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/934605-the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion/index.html

Supposedly over 150 hours of game play!!  WOW...I'll have some incentive to finish GOW II!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: The Elder Scrolls IV - The Game of the Year Addition!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 09:20:04 »
That sounds familiar. I think that game was one suggested by the Best Buy rep when I was asking about good games for the PS3.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
Re: The Elder Scrolls IV - The Game of the Year Addition!!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 12:52:56 »
I'm currently playing Oblivion, not sure if it has all the expansions or not. I like it, and would suggest you do quite a bit of side missions before heading for Kvatch. And be careful traveling, use roads and be ready to run. If you encounter bandits, they are relentless and will chase you until they catch you. Even if you run across the map. They will come running up and attack you when the catch up, so keep an eye out. I found it best to wait by some guards, they will help you, then you can loot the bandits bodies.

lol

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!