Author Topic: Hubsan Quadcopter  (Read 10728 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Hubsan Quadcopter
« on: February 15, 2015, 10:53:48 »
About a week ago, my son, Isaac, bought a Hubsan X4 Quadcopter. We had been looking at some for a while and I came across a video about that mentioned the Hubsan X4 (H107L) as a quadcopter recommended for new flyers on 12 Days Of Tested Christmas. After checking out that video on YouTube, my son took a look at what Amazon had to offer, and eventually decided on the Hubsan X4 (H107C) 4 Channel 2.4GHz RC Quad Copter with Camera - Green/Black, since it was pretty much the same thing but has a built in camera.

The first day, Isaac broke one of the propellers after jumping the quadcopter up and off the table, landing on it upside-down. Fortunately there were some extras included in the box. The next day he flew it outside, even though I told him he needed to get used to keeping it low at first, and he ended up getting it stuck in a tree. After getting it down from there, he flew it around in his bedroom some, until one of the propellers flew off. We haven't been able to find the missing propeller since then. Looks like a set of spare parts will be our next purchase from Amazon.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)