Author Topic: Ostia - The Harbor of Rome  (Read 840 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Trogdor!
    • My Funagain Games Wishlist
Ostia - The Harbor of Rome
« on: August 21, 2014, 01:16:28 »
Wednesday, 2014-08-20, we played Ostia for the first time. This is a little auction/bluffing game that my brother, Tim, gave to me a couple years ago. I believe that he had originally purchased it as a game for himself, but when he got it home he decided it wasn't quite what he was interested in. When he gave it to me, I didn't have much hope for it either, but tonight we gave it a shot. After reading through the rules and explaining the game to Beth and Isaac, we got started. We were concerned, at least Beth and I were both secretly concerned, that the game was going to be boring. However, as the game progressed, we found that we really enjoyed it. The rounds were close in score, probably with much due to the fact that there were only three of us and scoring for the Senate donations gives 1, 2, or 3 victory points and we were all winning and losing favor in the Senate pretty evenly. The final round was quite intense, with Beth in the lead, followed by Isaac. Nathaniel jumped ahead at the end with the largest Senate donation and the most money. The final score was Nathaniel: 15; Beth: 14; Isaac: 12. I'm looking forward to playing again.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)