Author Topic: need a good steering servo  (Read 7737 times)

moonchild61501

• Copper Level
need a good steering servo
« on: April 28, 2014, 15:40:34 »
ok heres what its on exceed rc (not as bad as they say)1/10 shortcourse 4x4 with a brushless 540  and I broke the steering servo. I need a servo thats strong enough to withstand hardcore bashing. more importantly full speed jumps (30mph plus), end over end flips and cartwheeling. ive researched all the big names, and the little names, I don't want to go with stock as it was obviously not strong enough to handle my driving style. any ideas would be great, its been parked for 2 weeks and im getting sick of not bein able to run it.

it is for sure the servo, not receiver or transmitter.

help me get back to bashing!!

moonchild61501

• Copper Level
Re: need a good steering servo
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 17:33:00 »
heres my rally monster

moonchild61501

• Copper Level
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 11:45:22 »
ok guys. so far 7 people have read this post, but none of them have ANY advice to give? whats that about exactly? is it that its on an exceed? come on, I cannot afford a 300plus dollar traxxas or "good" brand. all I need is ideas on what to look at. it must be a servo whith at LEAST 6kg force, be digital proportional and have metal gears. help me out here people! I don't care what advice you can give, any advice would help!! im looking at HITEC 2 bb high torque metal servo and the traxxas 2075 and a redcat servo. id really prefer to get a bit of knowledge on this as to what to get, but without your help im flying blind

moonchild61501

• Copper Level
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 13:11:39 »
alright. since im not getting anything in terms of help here im gonna bite the bullet and take a risk with the hitec 645mg. its not digital, but hobbytown usa says it wont make a difference. I hope thyere right!!! he said itll work with a digital proportional receiver and remote.....ill have to repost the results

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 17:16:24 by moonchild61501 »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 20:36:04 »
Hi Moonchild, sorry about the lack of feedback on this forum.  I'm going to guess that the main reason is that the people that have come don't have the experience to answer your questions. Maybe at some point you can be that person. Also, it might be that, like me, those people who have read it didn't have time to respond (reading during a break at work, for example). That being said, I am interested in how things turned out. Did you ever get that part from Hobbytown installed? If so, did it work? Do you have any advice for anyone else who might come across this issue? 
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)