Author Topic: Profile page updated  (Read 4230 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Profile page updated
« on: August 22, 2008, 18:37:37 »
I was working on this site last night and some more this morning. I've added some new fields to the profile page, duplicating fields that were used on the previous Profiles page for Dragons Hobbies bloggers. Attached are two images displaying the modifications. (Attachments are only viewable if you're logged in.)

As you should see, the new information is displayed on the right side of the profile page, taking up the big empty space that was underneath the avatar image. (As a member you can see your profile by clicking on the profile button in the navigation menu up top.) If you're logged in and viewing your own profile page you'll see a new menu on the left side. Under the Modify Profile header, click on Forum Profile Information link to update these new fields. One field has a variable name, by default called "Other Favorites," so you can use it to list your favorite music, like I did, or movies, or whatever you like... or don't like. Are you on top of the latest RC cars and just want to list your favorite new vehicles? Are you a hard core gamer who really hates playing certain games? This might be a good place to list them.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the new addition to the profile.

By the way, if you're planning to write a blog, you should check the Always stay logged in box when you log in, especially if you've been reading other stuff on the site for a while, so that your session doesn't time out while you're writing. If that does happen though, try clicking on the back button a few times to get back to the message you were writing. I've done it before and just copied my blog into notepad, logged into the website, then pasted the blog back in from notepad.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 18:50:55 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)