Author Topic: Remote Play between PS3 and PSP  (Read 3753 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Remote Play between PS3 and PSP
« on: September 22, 2009, 09:48:16 »
I am very happy that Charles sold me his PSP because I've been enjoying it. I don't have a whole lot of time for playing video games, but I've been trying to give myself a little break each night before bed with an hour or so of video games to unwind. Since I have the PSP I can also get some game time in even when I can't get to the PS3 and I've also been trying out Remote Play to see what I can do with that. Here are some of the things I've noticed.

Remote Play can be used to play games through the PS3. Most of the games that I've been able to play have been PSOne games, but there are some PS3 demos that worked through Remote Play also, but I can't think of which one that I had played right now. Of course, the PSP has one less analog stick and also only has 2 of the 4 shoulder/trigger buttons. Holding the Select button while using some other buttons can be an alternative for the missing buttons, but it's a bit tough to do so it seems best with games that don't use those missing buttons.

I like that I can use the PS3 Internet Browser through the PSP, which might seem strange since the PSP has it's own browser (which I actually like better at this point) but the thing that I like about this is that I can Remote Play into the PS3, go to XYZ Radio, and from there access Fuel Radio which will then be played through my stereo.

I can also watch videos that have been downloaded to the PS3. I was hoping to be able to watch my new Blu Ray movie, but that didn't work. I'm not sure if that is similar to the game play issue, so I'm going to try it again with some DVDs eventually.

So there you have it... a few of the things I've figured out using Remote Play between the PSP and PS3. I'd love to get feedback from other PSP Remote Play users or questions from anyone else curious about it's potential.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Remote Play between PS3 and PSP
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 17:53:06 »
I'm glad that I was able to help make you so happy!!!  :)  Now if my gaming with you would make you that happy...I'd be thrilled! :P

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Remote Play between PS3 and PSP
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 21:14:35 »
Oh, of course it makes me happy! Didn't you see my comment about last Wednesday? It's just that sometimes there are so many other things going on when we see each other in person. You guys really picked me up last week.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)