Author Topic: Next Game Night?  (Read 25779 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Next Game Night?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 13:07:42 »
This will probably be the final event for me since my homework this semester takes such a long time for me. I'd compare it to a 15-hour work day all week at this point. Much of this work is due to getting backlogged from illnesses that are obviously uncontrollable and the fact that I am not a speed reader. Another flaw that I have is that I want it done right, rather than just throwing something together and accepting an average grade.

By the way Charles, I definitely think you've made the right choice by turning down the offer to work from home. I'm not sure what all your reasons were, but I definitely have seen enough myself.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 13:13:25 »
Hello,
Sorry for the lack of communication. I had checked myself into the emergency room Tuesday, I left work after an hour and a half of working and went straight to the ER.
I was released yesterday around 4pm. When I got home, I kicked my shoes off, showered and lay in bed all evening.
I had chest pains most of last week, mild ones. I've had them before, however, at work my left arm started hurting and it raised an alarm in my head that I should get checked out. You all probably realize I am not the most fit person of the group.
I'm okay, my heart was stress tested and passed with flying colors. My arteries were checked for blockage, everything looked fine. I was released with some new medications and a very stern warning to watch my blood sugar a lot closer.
After getting back to work, I poured myself a big cup of soda and realized that I have had chest pains prior to this, generally attributable to drinking too much caffeine. I will cut back on the soda and coffee and all should be back to normal. Oh, and the sugar, I have to watch what I snack on.
All in all, I should be at your place around 6pm and ready to game.

Mac

ps, no prayers are necessary, however, a slap on the wrist would be appreciated if you see me eating anything bad for diabetics.   :P
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 13:18:52 »
Wow! Sounds rough. I'm glad your tests came back ok. See you tonight!  :)
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 16:31:30 »
yes, I'll be there by 6:30pm at the latest. I have some stuff to do that I forgot about.
I'm going to ask my two stepsons if they are interested in joining me. You met Brandon last time, I'll also ask Barry if he's interested.
I may call Barry by his nickname, Junior. I know he prefers for non-family to call him Barry. I don't blame him, who wants someone you just met to call you Junior.  lol   just thought I would mention it.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 17:57:44 »
Mac...I didn't get you post until just now.  I had no idea you were in so much health trauma!!!  I will help you watch what you snack on!!

Dragon - This means no "regular" gaming events for you?  No movies, no games?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 19:21:28 »
We'll see. At minimum, I don't think I'll be able to host anything for a while. As much as I enjoy having everyone over, everything that goes on before and after is too much right now. As events come up, I'll have to determine how things are going on a case-by-case basis.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 12:47:19 »
I'm available for a gaming event either this coming Wednesday (11/4) or the following one (11/11).
Actually, I can make it any day the week of 11/9; except Monday, my birthday.

I can host the event.

Anyone interested?

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 06:55:43 »
Interested...yes.

Able to attend?  No.  Unfortunately, I will have to pass on gaming for this and next Wednesday.

The 18th might work!  Did you want to host that one..?  Or should I?  Obviously the Wednesday before Thanksgiving is out...so that looks like our one opportunity to all get together...

Nathaniel, can you shoot for one event this month?  The 18th?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 14:50:46 »
Sorry, can't do Wednesdays right now.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 19:26:16 »
I can host the next one. I can't do Tuesday, however, I can do Thursday.

Let me know when and I'll get the appropriate permission slip signed.

Mike

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 12:59:09 »
Sounds fine with me, but I'm not sure when I can attend yet. I have a client that has been sending quite a few email messages and phone calls to have lots of adjustments done to his website. Plus I've been dealing with the college quite a bit lately to get things so that I can have all my credits required to graduate next semester. So basically, there's lots going on and I haven't even had much family time lately.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 07:00:02 »
Since Dragon can't spare the time, anyway, I vote that we keep it to Wednesdays for now.  I workout with Kami on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.  Not that I wouldn't be willing to make a change if Nathaniel would commit to a Thursday...I would...but it doesn't sound like he'll be willing to spare the time for awhile.

Can we plan (and get the permission slip signed) for Mac's place on the 18th?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 10:07:26 »
I'll get back with you guys on some potential stuff next month.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2009, 12:51:06 »
I'm available to host the Wednesday 11/18 event.
Let me know how many are coming so I can plan accordingly.

Mac

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2009, 19:37:40 »
Is anyone coming over tomorrow?    :D