Author Topic: Wed, Sep 16th  (Read 7239 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Wed, Sep 16th
« on: September 11, 2009, 10:20:55 »
Do you think you guys would rather come over on my birthday (Wed, Sep 16th) to just hang out and play video games or did you want to do that on one of the regularly scheduled gaming events? We're probably not going to Orlando this next week, so I just thought I'd ask to see if there was any interest in doing that on the 16th or if you'd rather just wait until the follow week like we had originally discussed? 
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: Wed, Sep 16th
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 16:32:57 »
You say, "wanna play games?"  I say, "why are we not already playing?"
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 19:56:23 »
Sounds FUN!!!!  What time shall I enter the Dragon's Lair!?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 20:11:43 »
I expect that you probably won't be able to get here until close to 6PM due to work and travel time anyway, so anytime that you get here is fine.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 18:41:40 »
Are we gaming?
Should I bring Thurn & Taxis? (If Beth is playing, I'd like to).
Are we taking the new PS3 for a spin?
Should I bring some PS3 games?  A little Soul Caliber in our future?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 23:40:20 »
PS3!  ;D

Soul Caliber sounds cool! It's been forever since I've played that. Feel free to bring any other games too.

I have Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, which can handle up to 4 players locally, so please bring your PS3 controllers also.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 09:05:49 »
Sorry I missed it. I rode my motorcycle to work yesterday and by the time I got home I was totally, completely soaked to the bone from the rain.

Happy Belated Birth Day, Dragon.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 23:30:17 »
Thanks for the message. Sorry that you got soaked and missed out on the fun.

We played a couple PS3 games - Soul Caliber IV and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. I was going to show Burnout Paradise to Charles, especially since it starts off playing Guns N Roses "Paradise City" but we got sidetracked chatting with my neighbors and playing TransAmerica.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 17:27:49 »
Motorcycling in the rain has a lot of (what's the opposite of fond?) memories for me.

I used to wear a black leather coat, and when it rained the water would cause the oil on my jacket to seep through the zipper and make a big, black stain on whatever shirt I was wearing.  Then there was the teeth-clenched shivering.

Anyway thanks again, Dragon sir, for a great time.  Did you notice the present I gave you last night of NOT singing Happy Birthday to you?  ;D  You're welcome.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 09:53:28 »
LOL! Thanks!  :D