Author Topic: Be careful with long posts  (Read 12592 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Be careful with long posts
« on: September 08, 2009, 10:05:42 »
This is just another reminder that if you're writing a long message, you might want to make sure that you have the "Stay Logged In" option selected when you sign in. Otherwise you're time might run out while you're writing your post.

If you happen to forget about that and you get a login box after pressing the "Post" or "Preview" button, just hit the Back button on your browser and copy your message to Notepad or Word because after you login that message box will be blank.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: Be careful with long posts
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 12:28:27 »
I've actually been having a problem with posts that go longer than the message box.  They keep scrolling up so I can't see what I'm typing.  It's happened on my computer at home.  I'm using IE8 if that makes any difference.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 14:52:04 »
Ok. I'll try to see out what's going on with that.

(Update) Hmmm.... looks like IE8 needs to be in Compatibility-mode to work properly here. You can turn it on either for all sites or just for this site, but that should fix the problem. You can add this site through Tools > Compatibility View Settings. Add dragonhobbies.com (no S on the end of Dragon)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 15:13:43 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 09:24:59 »
Cool, thanks.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 12:47:35 »
No problem. Thanks for bringing it up. I hadn't noticed it was an issue before.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 20:54:58 »
I'm glad you mentioned it Chris.  I have the same issue.  And it REALLY SUCKS..

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 19:43:09 »
I've found the answer...

I write my posts in Word and then cut and paste them.

Issue-b-gone!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 19:45:43 »
Yeah, that works too.

By the way, were you still having issues with the jumping that Chris mentioned even after doing the things I suggested? Another fix for that problem is to use FireFox instead of Internet Explorer (although that might not be an option at work).