Author Topic: Gaming next week!!! - Can't do Wed.  (Read 21231 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Gaming next week!!! - Can't do Wed.
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2009, 22:19:46 »
Since I won't be joining you guys to see Saw, I won't bother to weigh in on those options, but I will say that 9 - 9 sounds fine with me, assuming all goes well throughout the week and plans on your end go the same.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 20:20:56 »
Awesome.

Game Day is 9-9 on Sunday!  And we do need to wrap it at 9pm sharp.  That is when I need to be in bed with Wendy to watch some TV and then hit the sack.  That means that we're wrapped up and ready to go at 9pm.  I'm sure that won't be an issue.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 15:51:48 »
I regret to say that I'll miss the big game night.
My D&D group added a few members and we played last Sunday.
I'll stick with the plans to play my D&D game this coming Sunday, we need to get a couple of sessions in a row together.
I have plans to attend the 11/22 Bucs vs Saints football game, so I'll be missing a game session in a month. I prefer to build some stability with our group before that day comes.
So, that said, I hope you guys have a great game day and enjoy the various games.

Sincerely,
          Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2009, 16:14:07 »
The whole day?  Couldn't you squeeze in a few hours before you ditch us for your better friends? :(
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 19:16:40 »
Can someone call the unnameable one? (The other white meat) to see if he's going to make it?

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2009, 20:10:06 »
ya ill be there for game day but not for saw VI

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2009, 12:27:31 »
If I come early to the 'big game day', I'd have to leave after 2 1/2 hours.
If I came over later, I'd get there around 7:00p or so.
You guys would probably be in the middle of a game.
Seems silly to force everyone to quit/start a new game.
I did think of bringing my d&d stuff over, using your internet and playing there for six hours. However, that seems kind of rude, to play a game alone while you guys played something else.

I suppose I could do one of the above options if your okay with it, Charles.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2009, 14:15:13 »
Considering that the first game of the day might be longer than 2 1/2 hours, and the last game of the day will probably be wrapped up close to 8PM in order for Charles to get to bed when he plans, it does seem like you'd be coming or going at bad times.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2009, 15:56:57 »
If we start with Arkham Horror, that game is easily modifiable for players starting and leaving at odd times.   In the regular flow of play it is entirely possible for characters to be devoured, requiring the player to start over in the middle of the game anyway.

AH would be an ideal game to begin with considering Mac might have to leave before it's done, and there was some question as to when Dragon was going to be showing up.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2009, 00:46:20 »
Cool. I had forgotten about that aspect of Arkham Horror before.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2009, 09:53:07 »
Hey guys, sorry things haven't gone as planned. On Friday I thought for sure I'd be able to get everything done on time before I went out to a picnic for Beth's work and over to visit my mom (I hadn't been able to see her for over 3 weeks) and my grandparents (I hadn't seen them since they came to Florida recently and they are heading back on Monday.) So we got home very late last night. I'm trying to wrap things up and I'll give you a call before I leave the house.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2009, 12:38:45 »
On my way.