Author Topic: Gaming next week!!! - Can't do Wed.  (Read 21223 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Gaming next week!!! - Can't do Wed.
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 06:40:35 »
Unfortunately, the only day that works for me is Wednesdays.  Tuesday and Thursday are our workout days and the rest of the week is screwed up with karate classes and girl scouts.

But, we we did discuss, after watching saw movies on Wednesday, was the possibility of coming to your house to game when we gamed.  That way you could watch the kids AND game!  Does that work?

Of course, you would miss the gaming events in Clearwater, but a skinny wife is worth it.

Thoughts?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 11:04:27 »
My thoughts are quite torn on this.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

the unnamable

• Bronze Level
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 11:40:13 »
if worst come to worst we could just alternate days do it wedsday one time then Thursday the next so no ones left out completely

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 00:27:47 »
That sounds fair enough to me. At this point I'm out until late November anyway. By then something else may have changed anyway. Hopefully I'll have some time to join you guys at least for a while on the big even coming up later this month.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 12:43:38 »
No game tomorrow, right?
Due to Columbus day, my busy day got bumped to tomorrow.

I notice on the calendar that a big event is coming up, Sunday 10/25.
I usually play D&D on Sunday from noon to 6pm. We have been having attendance issues, I may be able to make the board game extravaganza.
I'll know more after this coming Sunday. If its a bust again, I'll plan on the game day.
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 17:49:02 »
No gaming this Wednesday as far as I know...

Next week, I believe is Saw VI..which we still need to decide what day we're going.   I would prefer to do an opening night showing next Friday...but let's see what works for everyone who wants to go.

The 10/25 game day is on.  My place in Clearwater 9-9?

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 14:07:41 »
Sounds good to me.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 14:13:41 »
Ok. I'm not sure how much of it I will be able to attend yet. Depends on my homework load that week. This semester seems to be much heavier than previous ones. Although, that may be just because there has been more sickness to deal with causing everything to get backlogged.

Anyway, is the big game planned for the morning or later in the day?

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2009, 05:58:42 »
Define "Big Game".

And...it's whenever you want it to be.  I'm very flexible.  There will be many games played.  So bring it all with you.  We'll decide on the fly what to play...except if you want to be present.

I WOULD like you to bring San Marco.  We haven't played in forever and I really like that game.  As Chris would rather jump naked into a huge pile of thumbtacks than play San Marco :o, we can break up into two groups for that game.

It the one event we will get done prior to 2010.  I would hate for you to miss it, or even miss a portion of it.  See if you can get most of your homework done during the week (put the PS3 and the PSP down) so it can free you up for more friendly gaming enjoyment!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2009, 09:22:11 »
You know... the "big game" - the one game that we play that takes nearly half the day to play. I know we had talked about playing Arkham Horror, so I guess that's the one I'm referring to at the moment.

I have two midterms to do today and another one tomorrow, and my other homework is caught up, finally, so I'm definitely going to try to work ahead. Just as a fallback though, I was thinking that if the big game is in the morning, I would know that if I can't get to your place until the afternoon then I will still be able to get into a game.

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2009, 13:44:02 »
Friday, 10/23 might be a bad day for me. I think we pick up the grandkids that day/weekend. I'll check and reply with more information. Sometimes we get them overnight, sometimes not. Usually on Saturdays though.

Mac

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 07:30:15 »
Ok..I'm with you.

So if you rather we "get the big game out of the way" we will start the day with that.  Actually I like that because Chris and I could pre-set up the board the night before after we see Saw VI....

Chris...I know I'm all over the board with my planning right now...but it's JUST after 10/15 and my brain is still recovering...

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 09:35:25 »
You think leaving a board game out overnight is a good idea with your current pet situation?
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 12:48:19 »
Am I missing something?
If we go to the movie on opening night, Friday, and the 'big' game is on Sunday. Then how is setting up the game after the movie a good idea? Won't the game be sitting for a day and a half?

We are picking up the grandkids on Saturday and returning them the same day. I should be okay for both activities. I still need to wait and see how Sunday goes with my scheduled D&D game before I can say I'll be at the 'big' game for sure.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 10:21:57 »
And therefore...we come to this post.

It seems that Saw VI and game day are intertwined like a Jigsaw puzzle.

Option 1 - See Saw on opening night (23rd) -  I can ask Wendy to purchase our tickets for say...the 8pm show early in the day so we have our tickets.  We could grab some dinner around 6ish, maybe play a game for an hour or so and then head to the movies.

Option 2 - See Saw on Saturday sometime.

I would rather option 1, as I do like opening night...the fans are out and it's just more fun...but I'm open for either.

Game day 9-9 ?