Author Topic: Maybe I need some Epi-something  (Read 4395 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Maybe I need some Epi-something
« on: August 15, 2008, 12:11:36 »
This week has been rough on me. I've been home dealing with all the things that my wife used to do when she was staying home. I can't stand it. I don't think I'm cut out to be the stay-at-home-parent.

All day yesterday was spent on the phone or on websites dealing with appointments and registration for schools. In the afternoon we went to the college to try to get some things straightened out, but unfortunately, their computer systems were down at that time and they couldn't access any records for anything. With the fall semester only one week away, the pressure is mounting.

Today my daughter was bitten by a spider in our backyard. Fortunately I was able to find that the bite is relatively harmless from a Spinybacked Orbweaver and after she had a bath she didn't complain about it anymore anyway. Maybe she just got freaked out from the spider walking on her. I'm not sure, but I don't see any signs of infection or allergy.

Due to sickness, plans, stress, arguments, etc., plans for gaming this weekend are pretty much cancelled. With the fall semester on us, I'm not sure how available I'll be for any events for the next few months.

I've started depriving myself of sleep by watching a movie each night this week. (Since I got very little sleep during the Spring semester, this might be my only way to squeeze a little more time out of each day.) Last night I watched Crank.  I'm very glad that I rented that one. It was one of the best movies that I've seen recently. I loved the cinematography and the story was interesting. I also got quite a laugh out of it - probably the most I've laughed from any action movie. The scene after he ran out of the hospital still makes me laugh. Then again, I thought Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels was funny at times too.

So, I might not be my usual self this week, but I've busy with lots of stressful and boring things. Hopefully next week things will be better and I'll be able to do some interesting stuff and have a little time to hang out with friends before I'm launched back into the heavy workload of the fall semester.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)