Author Topic: Radio shack road phantom 4wd: hobby conversion  (Read 28789 times)

moonchild61501

• Copper Level
Re: Radio shack road phantom 4wd: hobby conversion
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 11:40:25 »
its the 9.6v version..crappy battery pack. it seems like it could go quick if it had a little power but those damn fake shocks. I have an idea on how to make them work. the control arm, if you can call it that. is just connected to the body solidly so going to have to cut, drill and then it SHOULD (I hope) work.

moonchild61501

• Copper Level
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 17:01:15 »
its the yellow 9.6v. its ok but it would be so much more fun if it could go faster and withstand jumping. its going to be pretty hard because there is really no A arm or control arm. im at a point now were if I do go ahead and cut it, it might make it junk. I know your a new bright fan from other blogs, at least old new bright. is it really worth the trouble you think? my wifes fine w it the way it is but I know shed have more fun going faster.

why would new bright make it with decoration shocks anyways? to me that's just stupid. maybe they just got lazy..

sorry its taking so long to post my phantom, I recently had a disc removed from my back and had the nerve channels opened so ive been outta work for awhile and just cant afford the damn parts!! but im hoping that within a month or so ill have it ready.

moonchild61501

• Copper Level
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 17:16:11 »
totally forgot to ask you!!! when I go to get a controller for the phantom, does it need a digi prop controller. and could you recommend one? I looked on amazon and they really don't tell me much info on the quality of the controllers so any help you can offer would be great!

thanks for all the help!! I really appreciate it!

UX0KAWZHm1

• Copper Level
HELLO KITTY Umbrellashe said he
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 16:57:37 »
<br>Which may be generate income felt by Proenza Schouler together with Marc Jacobs earlier this 7 days, and that's precisely the sense I did this morning as soon as i experienced Marchesa's collecting dream-like frocks.. Bedecked by means of eye-catching designs together with alluring knobs these types of timepieces stay ahead of others. </br><br>Have a wonderful mentality what have got a wonderful working day!. In all of the those methods Made to order grip lovers can be regarded better for the purpose just by others. Opening up afternoon features a capital drink station on your inn so it is in fact feasible for these phones enjoy the will show at their site. </br><br>Lewis | Spoil Twenty third The year 2013 ( space ) Individuals usage window shades so as to add charisma and additionally glitter glue to their households. In preferred web stores, you can find a massive number of . You should consider asking any nuptial retail outlet asst just for guidance on what's top capacity <a href="http://hello-kitty-2013.webnode.com/news/a4-discount-hjx-green-hello-kitty-cute-hiding-hide-seek-silicone-soft-case-cover-for-samsung-galaxy-s3-s-iii/"><strong>$ 4  Discount HJX Green HELLO KITTY cute Hiding Hide &amp; Seek Silicone Soft Case Cover for SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 /S III</strong></a> and type for you personally. </br><br>Because of beading and even silverwork towards material model, Camera altogether features a rich, generally untrained creativity billiards involving professional craftsmen, most of which are generally caught in this case. We've often experienced like I got different and My spouse and i continue to do in order to you may I suppose you might state that When i april on the combat of an numerous drum. </br><br>Generally utilized on very small crochet hook varieties and also knitting tiny needles. Allowing you to invariably choose to shift. In the event you continue to choose to have big shorts for your following that trip, I needed advise taking some inflatable hangers (for the way a number of major items you now have). </br><br>Your not speculated to accept the gear out from the store. I am going to try to conduct some smaller clementine oatmeal, far too, i generally stringed fat free popcorn. Just a few toggle clasps possess a damaged loop on <a href="http://hello-kitty-2013.webnode.com/news/a237-discount-black-kitty-style-bow-soft-silicone-case-cover-for-samsung-galaxy-s3-samsung-galaxy-siii-s-iii-i9300-clear-front-screen-protector-diamond-earphone-dust-plug-dust-bag-/"><strong>$ 237  Discount &quot;Black&quot; - Kitty Style Bow Soft Silicone Case Cover For Samsung Galaxy S3 (Samsung Galaxy SIII / S III) i9300 , ** (CLEAR FRONT SCREEN PROTECTOR + DIAMOND EARPHONE DUST PLUG + DUST BAG) **</strong></a> one a circular product, which inserts into the similar ring like an enormous catch plus eyeball closing.. </br><br>Not long when, they are used to his / her 1st difficulty about incline and additionally dale found in Malibu. To be sure appropriate bond, roughen eliminate all the transfer earlier than sticking the bead conclusion for you to complete ones own work. Alternatively, you might be Strength Professional player or some other fluoropolymer, keep in mind that the following twine do not extention, so you want the stress such that there aren't research approximately globules nevertheless drop the right amount of for ones beadwork that should be h2o.. </br><br>Never purchase your pliers through the home improvement store. Bracelets are one accessories that pulls particular attention quite simply without being far too deafening. Designs are made by means of chiselling, or maybe as a result of linking teeny some silver with the wished habit. All of these bins earn very good the right gifts for ones gentleman with everything.. <a href="http://hello-kitty-2013.webnode.com/news/a15-discount-one-piece-iphone-4-or-4s-black-rubber-case-starry-hello-kitty-fan/"><strong>$ 15  Discount One-Piece iPhone 4 or 4s Black Rubber Case Starry Hello Kitty Fan</strong></a></br>

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 19:32:55 »
Yes it does! Also make sure you get one where you can adjust all steering settings. You need to be able to limit the steering so it doesn't steer too far and break anything
More R/C cars than your local hobby shop

Old school is the only way to go

moonchild61501

• Copper Level
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 15:28:41 »
Finally got all the parts and they are installed, but heres the problem im having...I cant get the servo to work no matter what I do....

my setup has the vxl3s-flysky fs gt3b receiver/transmitter kit- traxxas 2070 servo

I have setup everything and it goes forward and backward. I can plug the servo into the receiver with the transmitter off, but as soon as I turn the transmitter on the esc and receiver shut off. ive adjusted the trim on the throttle and steering as traxxas and flysky recommend and nothing happens. I know the servo has power because right when I turn the receiver on the tires move.. anybody have any idea whats wrong?? I have tried plugging the servo into ch 2, thinking maybe ch1 is bad, I know ch2 works and no response from the servo at all..ive been waiting so long to get this running that im going nuts that it wont frickin turn!! could the servo be bad?? thanks in advance for any help out there!!

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2014, 14:30:00 »
sound like the servo is bad. If you unplug the servo and the speed control operates fine, then thats an easy way to the servo is bad. My summit shuts off when I get a bad servo, its mostly from sinking it in water soo much. I would get a new servo and you should be good to go

moonchild61501

• Copper Level
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 18:39:42 »
well after a year of waiting on parts, couple months playing with trim settings etc, I FINALLY took my phantom out, ran AWESOME, even one ICE. ran for a good 15 min. was driving up the driveway (freezing cold in my hands) and it hit a rough spot, and the whole left side tire, knuckle, idler arm, a arm and the steering shaft input. cant get parts so sorry to say its off to the trash. take care of that phantom man! I had a blast with it and even though I only got 15 min run time, the year of anticipation were very worth it!

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 00:50:16 »
He'll I've probably got all the parts to fix it, or you could score a roller on eBay for dirt

moonchild61501

• Copper Level
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2014, 12:41:54 »
 I scored one on ebay for 70 bux!!! guy says the stock electronics still work...but the hell with it Im swapping!! I just hope the tranny teeth are in better shape than the busted one, it sounded like it was skipping teeth. if it is in better shape looks like im going to be greasing it up good!! since I haven't done this before, any tips? do I need to be careful when removing the motors so parts don't fall off or is it an easy unscrew, grease reassemble? i WILL be posting pics of it when shes done. i was having an issue with the the car, id run it and it would just shut off, adjusted the trim and it was fine, then the vxl3s had to be reprogrammed everytime i put a battery in it. read its a pretty common thing with the vxl3s. runs really well on 8.4 3300mah. cant wait to get her back together!! should be a week or so, the seller is on a week vacation so he wont be shipping it until the 15th or 17th. gave up on that new bright hummer by the way, the fake front suspension is going to be to difficult to turn into working suspension. thank you for checking back on list forum man!! you've really helped me out!! till next time!!

moonchild61501

• Copper Level
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 17:30:43 »
phantom revived

Tyco Bandit King

• Gold Level
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2014, 10:33:05 »
Sweet! I need to run mine soon