Author Topic: Kickstarter: Sid Sackson Signature Series  (Read 7506 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Kickstarter: Sid Sackson Signature Series
« on: June 11, 2012, 23:01:35 »
For those not yet familiar with KickStarter, it is a way for publishers to ensure that they have enough buyers before going to all the expenses of publishing a game.

Coming up is a kickstarter for one of our favorite games, and includes some great updates, which we had often talked about. Most prominently, full wording on each card - it seemed like such a simple, yet overlooked addition to the cards, that the colors were never printed on them. Color blind people, or people playing in dimly lit rooms, would have a difficult time determining if they were looking at a blue or green card.

Anyway, if you're interested, the KickStarter project is offering 3 games together for a pledge of $55 or more by July 19th.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/167427101/sid-sackson-signature-series-sleuth-venture-and-mo

Sid Sackson Signature Series - remember, if you want it, pledge before July 19th!
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Kickstarter: Sid Sackson Signature Series
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:22:33 »
Sleuth???  Nooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo...!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 12:41:48 »
If the experience that I had with Sleuth was the same as the only one that you've had, I would feel the same, but Sleuth really is a great game! It just dragged a lot that night because we had so many players.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 00:37:42 »
I am familiar with Kickstarter.  I tried to get Jason to use it a while back for Red Rocket Farm.  It does seem that the only thing I hear coming from it these days are small board game companies trying to produce their games.

As far as Sleuth goes... it feels like someone said, "Let's take Clue and design all the joy out of it."  I never cared for Clue, but Sleuth just feels like Clue without getting to actually move around a board and make double entendres (which is definately a valid criteria for gaming).  ;)
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 00:01:54 »
Clue was a big time favorite of mine as a kid - I still have the Master Detective version that I was given as a teenager.

To be honest, Sleuth was a game that I didn't care for the first time I played too... Chris' assessment of it does seem accurate to my initial feelings. However, after giving it a second chance, I found the game to be quite enjoyable and we've played it many times with Candace and Blain since then. It's been a challenge - we've all had our share of wins with very few times that someone just decided to end the game with a random guess.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 12:10:25 »
I know you're trying to sell us on this game, but it sounds like you're saying the best I can hope for is that would be as enjoyable as Clue, which as I've established, I still don't care for. :-\  My point was that the moving around the board, and getting to take the secret passages was the only thing I liked about it.  Well, that and the bits.  Maybe if you add some tiny wrenches to Sleuth...

I've actually been thinking about a few other games of yours that we haven't played in a while.  I'd like to give Torres and San Marco another chance.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 13:40:56 »
Ooooooo!!! San Marco!!!!  YAy!