Author Topic: Yucata.de: Online Turn-Based Boardgaming  (Read 5918 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Yucata.de: Online Turn-Based Boardgaming
« on: June 05, 2012, 21:14:43 »
Hey, you guys remember Robo-Runner?  That game on that website I told you about?  No?  None of you actually went there?  Well, maybe you're just not as big of a fan of the game it was based on as much as I was.

Oh well, for you I now present Yucata.de!

There are 76 games to choose from on this site!  Including "Thurn & Taxis", "Saint Petersburg", "Can't Stop", "Torres", and "Roll Through the Ages" just to name a few of the ones I know you guys like.

All the games are turn-based, meaning that not all players have to be logged on at the same time to play.  Wylders could start the game in the morning; I could take my turn when I wake up around 10am; Dragon takes his turn in the five minutes he gets to himself before bed; and Mac could then take his turn at 3am, or whenever his crazy schedule permits.  ;D  As with Conquest, this means that games can take a week or two to play, but as far as I can see, there is no limit to the number of games you can be in at any given time.  There is even a setting to be notified by e-mail when it's your turn.

I just discovered this today, and have already gotten into about a half a dozen games... as TylerChuit, o' course.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: Yucata.de: Online Turn-Based Boardgaming
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 22:07:53 »
Is Robo-Runner not around anymore? I'll check it out this new one. ...

Update: I just invited you, TylerChuit, to a game of Roll Through The Ages. As usual, Dragon was already taken, so I'm dragon76n.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 22:34:15 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 22:50:18 »
Robo Runner is still around.  In fact if you want to play that, I got one of my board designs approved onto the site.  It's RSS Hurricane, the board that looks like Florida.   :)

I got the invite... already took my first turn.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 23:20:16 »
Cool. Yeah, I'll join you on Robo Runner. I'm heading to bed though. If you start up a game of it, send me an invite.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 21:54:45 »
Another great thing about this website.  I have been trying out a bunch of new games!  I've already added a few to my wishlist!  ;D

I just posted a review for Zooloretto the Dice Game, and will probably put up a few more in the next couple of weeks.

Actually, I haven't been to the Robo Runner site in a while either.  I had got a little burned out on it a while back. I may pick it up again soon, but right now this site is filling my boardgame void.