Linked Events

• The Game of Thrones Event: August 26, 2012

Author Topic: The Game of Thrones Event  (Read 60361 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
Re: The Game of Thrones Event
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2012, 18:19:01 »
I had a great time as well.  I think I ate too many bananas though :-X

Got me wanting to watch the show again, and I noticed this from the second season...

I wonder when Fantasy Flight will release this "deluxe" edition.  ;D

[edit: Just saw a better top-down view of the table, only partially obstructed by two people having sex on it (glad that event card didn't come up on our game).  Somehow, I didn't think Dragon would approve of puting that image here.]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 19:12:11 by TylerChuit »
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2012, 02:53:37 »
Oh btw, Dragon, here is the link for FFGs missing/damaged component request form:

http://parts.fantasyflightgames.com/

Worth a shot anyway.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2012, 07:55:31 »
Thanks. I found it a couple days ago and submitted a request.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2012, 20:51:24 »
I got the replacement card already! That was surprisingly easy and fast! Fantasy Flight Games is definitely great to it's customers! 

I still haven't gone through the rest of the set to make sure nothing else went missing while we were at the mall, but no one else mentioned having anything missing, so hopefully that card was the only piece that got lost.

So... when are we going to get our follow up game together now that we are familiar with the rules and game play? I know Charles is out until November and Chris wants to get a monthly game of Descent going. I know that Phillip is interested in playing again, but I'm not sure which weekend he'd be available. What about the rest of you guys? Is there a Sunday in October that you could find time for A Game Of Thrones?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2012, 09:27:27 »
Wow...Dragon...the response is UNDERWHELMING!

Like I said...first Sunday in November works for me!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2012, 18:08:58 »
Yeah, I'm not sure if it's lack of interest in the game itself, or the general disregard of the forum for our gaming group.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2012, 01:18:11 »
I haven't tried asking for time off yet where I work... I'm not even sure with all the managers there that if I asked one of them and they said ok, that it would even get to the person responsible for the schedule.  I'm still learning who is responsible for what.   In other words, I'll have to get back to you.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 03:00:50 »
Your job doesn't give weekends off?

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2012, 15:34:47 »
Last week, I had Friday and Saturday off.  This week is Friday and Sunday.  Weekdays I usually work evenings and on weekends I've been working days.  It's a bit random, and I only find out a week in advance. 

I'll ask today about who and how far in advance to ask to be scheduled to have a day off.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 08:02:34 »
Glad to hear you are working again!!!   :)

Where do you work?  You should, with enough time, be able to request a certain day off...but with some jobs, the weekends are MANDATORY.  But we ARE talking over a month away!!!  Some exceptions to MANDATORY have to be made.

As for the poor response...I can see it.  Mac hasn't logged on in close to a month.  The only regulars are Chris, me and you, Dragon.  I am underwater until November, when I can emerge, ready to game.  I don't know if Phillip is a member here, but certainly if he's logging on...he SHOULD be posting comments.  Perhaps he isn't a member?

Anyway...if you guys wanted to come to my place one Friday night when Caralee is working (arriving at about 6:30 and gaming until we are too tired to continue...that could work... FRIDAY THE 21st is a good day for me...how about you guys...just the three of us...just like the old days!!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2012, 14:36:26 »
Friday the 21st sounds fine with me. I mentioned it to Beth and she said that she can't think of anything else going on then. I'm guessing that you're not wanting that to be a night that I bring A Game of Thrones.

I know that Phillip is a member, but that's just because he's playing Conquest online with me. When I asked him about it, he didn't even realize that he was registration was for the forum too. He said that he hasn't really looked at the forum.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2012, 01:20:35 »
Okay. I talked to the managers and they said 2 weeks notice is required for requesting days to be off.  Otherwise, I can answer questions about my schedule up to one week in advance.  That being said, they haven't actually posted next week's schedule yet (which runs Tuesday to Monday), so I don't know about the 21st.  So far, I have had Fridays off, but I can't declare that "the norm" just yet.

Wylders, I am working as a cook for Aramark on the USF campus.  During our orientation, they said to be careful what you post about the company online, so I will just leave it at that for now. :-X

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2012, 11:32:05 »
I've marked November 4th as our next big game day with our second session of Game Of Thrones.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2012, 19:01:15 »
Unfortunately, November 4th isn't going to work out as our next Game of Thrones event. We'll need to push it back at least a week. How does November 11th work out for you guys? Charles reminded me that it's Veterans Day, in case you already have plans for that holiday.

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2012, 05:46:18 »
I do not have plans, and if my work is open that day, I can ask for it off...  once we are all agreed on the day.

Would it be okay to bring a guest?  I have a lady friend I'd like to invite.  ;D