Linked Events

• The Game of Thrones Event: August 26, 2012

Author Topic: The Game of Thrones Event  (Read 60332 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: The Game of Thrones Event
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 02:54:05 »
I'm hoping we can get this game going on the 25th.

Charles, that mall... Isn't it just open from noon to 6 on Sundays?
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2012, 19:13:34 »
You are correct...the stores do open at 12...but I believe we should be able to walk INTO the mall and sit at about 11am.

If you would like, you could come over to my place whenever you'd like and then we could meet the other gamers at the mall at 11!

By the way...are you SURE it's the 25th?  That is a Saturday...the mall would open at 10am.  Do you mean Sunday the 26th?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2012, 23:23:07 »
You are right. I meant Sunday, the 26th.

Ok, so to clarify for others who may have already been thinking the next game day was going to be at my place, we are very highly considering the food court in Clearwater Countryside Mall. If there are any objections to that location, other suggestions are welcome, but this might be the best choice, at least for this event.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

tampamac2002

• Gold Level
  • This IS my '68 Dodge Dart Convertable GT
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 01:28:40 »
I'm interested. I've cleared my schedule so Sunday, 8/26 is open.
I'll make sure to check the forum before leaving in case plans are changed.

Mac
"That which knocks us down, can only make us stronger. "   Yeah, right!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 21:57:23 »
Sounds good to me too.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2012, 18:26:04 »
Phillip has also confirmed for Sunday.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2012, 16:31:26 »
Just to be SUPER clear and ensure no one goes to the wrong place (and then says "Well...you didn't tell me...." >:(, and the fact that Nathaniel called it "The Clearwater Countryside Mall" and there is both a Clearwater Mall AND a Countryside Mall, I am posting this info to ensure we successfully come together at the right place, on the right day, at the right time.

We will be meeting in the Food Court Area of the COUNTRYSIDE MALL, this Sunday, August 26th at 11am.  So we can get the most gaming in, and so you aren't sitting on the sidelines wishing you could play, I would recommend that everyone arrive precisely at 11am.  When most of us arrive at 11am and some of us roll in at 11:20, and then someone else rolls in at 11:30, it wastes our rare, valuable, gaming time.  So, please, be on time.  If you hit traffic and are unavoidably late, text or call us so we know.

The mall information is shown below in nauseating detail:

http://www.westfield.com/countryside

Westfield Countryside
27001 US Highway 19 North
Clearwater, FL 33761

Tel: (727)796-1079

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=%3BCcah978dxBooFeODqwEdqIoR-yFJyvjtcJa-4ymL8-Dy_u3CiDFJyvjtcJa-4w&q=westfield+countryside,+27001+US+Highway+19+North,+Suite+2096,+clearwater,+fl&ie=UTF8&s=AARTsJpSPswTC9rRYC27o-yanHLAJynBYA&hq=westfield+countryside,+27001+US+Highway+19+North,+Suite+2096,&hnear=Clearwater,+Pinellas,+Florida&t=m&z=14&vpsrc=0&iwloc=A&daddr=Westfield+Countryside,+27001+U.S.+19+%231039,+Clearwater,+FL+33761

Looking forward to having fun and gaming for many hours!!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2012, 21:39:43 »
I'm assuming the food court is in the middle, but I don't remember there being access straight into it. Where do you recommend parking and entering the Countryside Mall to get to the food court?

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2012, 22:21:58 »
The food court is on level 2.

I would park outside of JcPenney.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2012, 23:43:37 »
Ok. Thanks.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 00:33:50 »
Game of Thrones: The Board Game Tutorial in 3 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD259mV6N5M

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RD259mV6N5M?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RD259mV6N5M?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 22:49:45 »
Looks great.  Are we going to have enough room for this at a food court table?
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2012, 00:20:34 »
We're probably going to need two tables. That's what we did a couple years ago when we played Settlers of America with Tim and Patrick at that mall.

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2012, 20:29:54 »
Hey guys, I had a great time today! Thanks for meeting at the mall and playing. Chris and Phillip - great job to both of you! Chris won the game, but it was really close between the two of you for so much of the game! Charles, Blain, and Mac, I hope you guys also enjoyed the game despite your final score. I couldn't remember exactly what the final scores were, so if anyone has a good memory of that please let me know. 

Also, I realize that we were playing from the time that the mall opened until it closed, but if we play again soon, we should have it down much better to fit the game into the expected time frame.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2012, 16:43:58 »
I had fun too.  It was nice to get the first game in.