Linked Events

• The Game of Thrones Event: August 26, 2012

Author Topic: The Game of Thrones Event  (Read 60356 times)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
Re: The Game of Thrones Event
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 13:52:45 »
I talked to Blain about this and he said that the last two weeks of Aug he's available. At this point I'm thinking lets plan for the first and last weekends in August. Hopefully a few can come to both. I was thinking a time in mid July too, to have them 3 weeks apart, but due to vehicle issues I'm not sure yet which weekend I'll be able.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 16:14:41 »
I would definately like to do at least one of those.  The August 5th date sounds good if that's one of them.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 13:38:22 »
August 5th works for me, but Caralee and I would have to leave by 3ish as we are going to see Beauty & The Beast at Ruth Eckerd Hall that night.

I'm thinking a 9am start would allow for a nice amount of gaming...?  :)

Also my friends, Chris and Angelica Lontok are VERY into this show.  I have invited Chris to come and take a look at this thread and consider joining us!!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 16:12:53 by Wyldwing »

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 18:25:56 »
Sounds good to me. I'm going to put the 5th on the calendar.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 19:18:35 »
I talked to Mac, he won't be able to make it on the 5th, but I told him that I'd like to schedule a follow-up on the 26th. The Game of Thrones is a big game, so I'd like to plan for two sessions no more than a month apart so that the rules are still fresh in our minds.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 10:24:31 »
So you've read the HUGE rulebook...you've actually played a little...so when Caralee and I get there (did we say 9am) we can right to the game instruction, which should go fairly quickly?

I'm looking forward to hanging and gaming with you guys.  Who will be there on the 5th?

Chris? Chris#2? your other friends? a homeless guy?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 12:53:53 »
You and TylerChuit that I know of. Still trying to get confirmation from Unnamable and Squee for the 5th.

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 18:55:17 »
Ooo!!! I hope he can SQUEEze it in!!!!   ;)

Looking forward to seeing you and TylerChuit!  8)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 20:12:17 »
What about your Lontok friends?

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 09:27:57 »
I asked him if they will make it.

He said "let me check with the boss and I'll let you know"

I have hope!!!

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 10:34:05 »
Are they gamers at all or just interested in the show?

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 22:13:18 »
So then, do we have an estimate on the total number of players, women and kids included?

Just thinking for which games I should bring to accomodate if we have a larger number of players.  Red November and Arkham Horror both play up to 8.  Although AH would be a bit heavy after Game of Thrones.

Oh, not saying we should do it this time, but I'd love to play a game of Doom at some point.  Replaying X-Com again has got me in the mood for turn-based alien blasting.  ;D  I'd even settle for a deathmatch.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 15:06:46 »
Good question.  I believe they are gamers that don't game often.

But their interest in the show is HUGE!

As I said, Caralee and I will be there from 9am until about 3pm.  So one HUGE game is likely all we have in us.  Would like to play something light afterwards.  Perhaps Bang?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2012, 23:01:04 »
plans are cancelled for tomorrow, sun, aug 5th

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2012, 09:36:38 »
That sucked.

But I hope the baby feels better soon.