Linked Events

• New Home Game Day: May 20, 2012

Author Topic: Gaming Event/Housewarming?  (Read 16525 times)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
    • Widget Bookkeeping and Tax, P.A.
Re: Gaming Event/Housewarming?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 14:02:20 »
Are you going to be able to "quick start" us?

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
  • Have you played my board game?
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 17:57:36 »
I've watched the video twice and have been reading through the rules for A Game Of Thrones to get the best grasp of the game that I can. My co-worker, Phillip, plans to be joining us around 11 for A Game Of Thrones. I figure by that time we should be finished or wrapping up Dungeon Lords. I have no set plans for the remainder of the game day, but with as many people as we'll have, I'm thinking that Bang! would be a good one. 
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 22:42:28 »
This is how our game day went, starting off at 9am and ending around 5:45pm.

Dungeon Lords: Charles, Caralee, Beth, and me, with Chris as our non-playing instructor - Charles won.

Bang!: me (Sheriff), Chris (Vice), Charles (Outlaw), Caralee (Vice), Beth (Renegade), Vanessa (Outlaw), Phillip (Outlaw) - Outlaws won - I was blown up by some dynamite that Vanessa lit. I thought it was a nice introduction for Phillip and Vanessa into our gaming group.

Sleuth: We didn't actually finish this one. We had the same 7 players as we had from the previous game. 7 is the max number of players listed for Sleuth, but the game seemed to drag on too long for everyone with little progress, so eventually we agreed to cut the game short and have everyone secretly guess at the same time. Caralee and Vanessa both guessed correctly. The game is great for 4 players - maybe 5 is the best maximum. (Just checked BGG, and based on the polls, 4 or 5 players is best.)

Cargo Noir: Final game of the day before we all had to split. Phillip and Vanessa struggled with the idea of leaving before the game started, but since we would have needed to group up into teams and they had a friend to go visit the decision was a little easier. It was a very fun game to play and pretty easy to catch onto. Chris won with 195 points (I think).

Ok, so we didn't get to play A Game Of Thrones, but we had a great time hanging out and playing games with everyone who came! I hope we can all get together again soon!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 23:34:40 by Dragon »
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? ... OK, well, the button on the side. Is it glowing?... Yeah, you need to turn it on. Err, the button turns it on. Yeah, you do know how a button works, don't you? No, not on clothes." - Roy (The IT Crowd)

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 12:10:45 »
Had a great time!  Looking forward to next time!

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 21:46:06 »
I had a great time too.  I must admit I was a bit apprehensive before I got there, but I was relieved that things went smoothly. 

I'm really glad that we got to play Dungeon Lords.  Looking forward to Game of Thrones for our next event.
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"

Dragon

• Administrator
  • Platinum Level
    • Rival Troops
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 00:11:24 »
Very cool! My co-worker Phillip and his girlfriend Vanessa also had a great time and would like to join us again.

I would like to get together again very soon, but during our extended Memorial Day weekend coming up, we already have other plans, so I'd like to propose the first Sunday in June for our next game day! That would be June 3rd. All in favor?

Wyldwing

• Platinum Level
  • My new do!
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 09:25:14 »
Sorry...I couldn't make that event (yesterday).  Had a poker event scheduled at my place.  Had a lot of fun, had fun serving drinks and letting my poker buddies try my home brew of Octoberfest and Pale Ale...

But, I would like to see when the next game day can be...I will have two gamer girls in the house the first week in July...not that I want to wait that long, but just to make you aware.  My cousin from Nebraska (Caralees, actually) and Kami will be ready to game (with me of course).

So this weekend, I'd rather not do anything, but how about next weekend? June 17th??