Author Topic: The Nerdist  (Read 3807 times)

TylerChuit

• Platinum Level
  • I'm game!
    • My Game Collection via BGG
The Nerdist
« on: January 22, 2012, 12:07:54 »
Okay, podcast time again!

The one I've been listening to lately is a great introduction for anybody who has never heard a podcast before. 

It is the Nerdist, and it is marvelous.  It's hosted by Chris Hardwick, and every week he interviews/chats with a wide array of celebrity guests.  If you are a fan of anything, there will probably be at least one person in the back episodes that you would be really excited to hear from.  Apart from recording the shows exclusively for the podcast, he also records and airs panels from various conventions.

Just to give you a taste, here are some of his past guests: David Cross, Scott Ian, JJ Abrams, Bryan Cranston, Patrick Stewart, Penn Jillette, Neil Gaiman, Simon Pegg, Eliza Dusku, Ben Folds, Nathan Fillion, Stan Lee, "Weird Al" Yankovic...
as well as the entire cast of: Mythbusters, The Guild, The Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead and Doctor Who.

Chris Hardwick is also the host of many things on television.  If you've flipped past VH1 in the past decade, you've probably seen his face.  You might recognize the name "Nerdist" from when you signed up on Twitter, and he was one of the people they first recommend you to follow.  He is currently also the host for "Talking Dead", the half hour 'wrap up show' after The Walking Dead on AMC.  I also recommend watching that if you're a Walking Dead fan, as there are many interviews with cast members as well as other celebrities who are also fans of the show.  It's kind of like watching the DVD extra features before it's even on DVD.

Check out The Nerdist podcast here! or in the iTunes store (podcasts are free to subscribe to).
Check out "Talking Dead" here!
"One, two, three, four... I declare a global thermo-nuclear war!"